My name’s Robyn, and I work at the Y in Central Maryland. I recently moved here from Australia: you know, the land of terrifying spiders and Hugh Jackman. Now, between the blue claw crabs, the Chincoteague oysters, and ‘dem O’s… (see dorky picture) I’ve fallen in love with all things Charm City, including the Y Turkey Trot Charity 5K! And—like this year’s summer—the trot’s coming in hot (in the land down under that means really big), and we want you to join in on the fun!
Registration for the Y Turkey Trot Charity 5K opens on September 1. With seven locations in Central Maryland, our 5K is perfect for anyone looking for:
- an active morning of fun the whole family can enjoy;
- the opportunity to slip in a cheeky 5K run before the weather turns frosty;
- a way to (semi) guilt-proof your Thanksgiving meal;
- a non-ironical way to wear that turkey hat hiding in the back of your closet (you know the hat we’re talking about);
- a tangible way to raise funds for children and families in Central Maryland who live in poverty.
While you’re waiting, why not let your friends and family (and your old college roommate) know on Facebook that you’re going? It’ll just take a click!
Arnold • Baltimore City • Bel Air • Ellicott City • Towson • Westminster • Perry Hall
So, whether you’re a mobile phone reminder kinda person, or you have a calendar hanging in your kitchen, be sure to mark September 1 as the day to register for the 2017 Y Turkey Trot Charity 5K!
Until next time,
Robyn from Y Turkey Trot HQ.