It’s that time of year again… you know, when the temperature starts to drop and the smell of pumpkin spice fills the air (yay!). Now that fall has finally come through, we thought it would be only fitting to share with you five ways to go after your Turkey Trot fundraising goal while still in your PJs AND in 50 minutes or less!
Why is fundraising for the Turkey Trot so important you ask? Easy. Every dollar you raise will help more children and families living at or below the poverty line access Y programs and services. Here is just one member who recently shared her experience with us:
“I am so thankful for my Y membership. My family was given a scholarship for the membership and I cannot even state the impact it has had. The Y provides a safe place for my children to meet up with their friends to swim, play, and just generally have fun. The people are friendly and helpful and the classes are wonderful.”
Given the important impact you can make… it’s time to get cracking. Ready, set, GO!
- One of the best things about your Classy fundraising page is that you can personalize it to your heart’s content. We encourage you to upload a snazzy profile picture and tell us a little bit about yourself. From here, you’ll also be able to share your page on social media, find your fundraising page URL, and access language to help you with your fundraising task. (15 minutes).
- Once you’ve updated your page with all the feels, pop the link up on your social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat… and politely ask for support. Past Turkey Trot fundraiser Daniel raised $100 last year by simply posting it up on his Facebook page. Pro tip: visit the Turkey Trot website and check out our easy-to-download fundraising resources. From Facebook cover photos to web banners, we’ve got you covered! (5 minutes)
- Shoot off a quick email to your work colleagues asking them to get behind the cause. Pro tip: Ask them to also join you in trotting on Thanksgiving Day! (10 minutes)
- Call three friends of your family members or friends and ask them to please support you this Thanksgiving. Pro tip: Got a birthday coming up? Why not ask them to donate to campaign rather than give you a present (15 minutes).
- Donate to yourself. Yup, this option is quick, easy and has a 100% success rate! (2 minutes)
So there you have it. Five quick and easy ways you can potentially reach your fundraising target today! One final tip – don’t forget to say thank you to everyone that supports you. (3 minutes)